Spiced Hot Chocolate & Homemade Marshmallow
Warm up this holiday season with a delicious Spiced Hot Chocolate topped with Homemade Marshmallows. For an adult version, add an ounce of your favourite liqueur.
Spiced Hot Chocolate
1 cup Milk
1 cup Cream
½ Vanilla Beans
1 Cinnamon Stick
¼ teaspoon Cinnamon powder
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
350 grams Dark Chocolate
150 grams Milk Chocolate
Spice mix for rim (Optional)
5g Ginger powder
25g Cinnamon powder
½ Vanilla Bean
- In a pot on medium heat, bring milk, cream, vanilla bean, cinnamon stick, salt, cinnamon powder, nutmeg & allspice almost to a boil.
- In separate bowl, pour warmed milk mixture trough strainer over dark and milk chocolate.
- Whisk until warm milk mixture and chocolate come together
- Dip top of glass or mugs into simple syrup or egg whites, and then immediately into Spice Mix
- At this point any preferred alcohol may be added to the glass, then the hot chocolate can be poured into the glass
- Top with marshmallow and brulee for an extra special touch
220g Egg whites, fresh
26g Gelatin sheets
Yield: 1 tray with large extender
- Foam egg whites
- Cook sugar, water and glucose to 130C.
- Pour slowly into foamed egg whites, while whipping.
- Dissolve Gelatin and add to whites.
- Dust tray with ½ corn starch, ½ 10x (icing sugar) spread out and dust top.
- Let set and cut into desired shapes.